buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

That could have gone better.

Today was the first 5K that I've done in quite a while - since September, maybe? I didn't train like I should have, so I knew that it was going to be a struggle - and it definitely was. I had to walk quite a bit of it, but I was also able to jog more than I thought that I would.

I've done this same race 3 times before, and it's always taken the same route. As we started running, things were going fine and we were going the same way that we always had - but then at one point, everyone started going a different direction. The chalk line on the road went in the direction that I thought that we should have been going - but we didn't. I followed the crowd, thinking maybe they had made a last minute adjustment to the course because of the rain that we've been (thankfully) having lately. 

As it turned out, we all went the wrong way - so instead of running the full 3.1 miles, we only did about 2.9. I'm not happy - and neither are a whole lot of other women. But, there's nothing that can be done about it now. It also means that our times aren't accurate - I mean, our total time is (although it's not for 3.1 miles) but our pace isn't because we didn't do the full distance.

Anyway, I finished in 40:41, and Emily finished in 39:15 - at least I'm finally starting to catch up with my kids, but I don't think that I'll ever be faster than they are.
There were a few people running.

Blah.

Not quite sure what I was doing there -
probably praying for survival.

Keeping themselves amused during the race.

Post-race snack.

I made it!
And to give credit where credit is due, Ex1 took this picture.
(He was there to watch Emily and his wife run.)


1 comment:

  1. Aw! I am so proud of you doing these races! I am so scared to even try. When it's an elliptical I am all set to "run" forever! However, when my knees run on pavement (or grass or a treadmill) they hurt way too bad... The thought of doing that for 1 let alone 3 miles.... Is just too much for me!

    One day, I'll have your confidence!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.