buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A step in a different direction.

Today has been another one of those insanely crazy busy days. It seems like I say that a lot, but it's true. I got the boys off to school this morning and immediately took off on a 45 minute trek to another WalHell to get the rest of the stuff that we needed for Emily's (and 5 of her friends) costumes for her upcoming talent show - because of course our local store didn't have enough of what we needed. So I drove an hour and a half in order to spend about 15 minutes in the store grabbing the rest of it. But, that mission was accomplished, and now I just have to make the costumes - which shouldn't take long at all.

I came back home for a few minutes after that and sat down at the computer to check on a few things. What I found was shocking, as I learned about the death of someone from high school. Seems like we've been going through this so often lately - old friends, acquaintances, ex-boyfriends, family friends - some expected, some not, but all seemingly without rhyme or reason. I hate it. I so wanted this to be a good year, and well frankly.....it hasn't been all that stellar so far.

But.....maybe, just maybe things are about to change a bit. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a part time job for a while. However, the chances of finding a place to hire someone who hasn't worked a "real" job in the last 7ish years and can ONLY work when the kids are in school were slim to none - or so I thought. Long story short - as of today, I officially have a very part time job. Because of their "social media policy" I can't say where it is (so if you already know because you know me, hush!) but it's just a few hours a day while the kids are in school and she'll totally work around my schedule if I need a day off to go on a field trip or whatever. So that's kind of cool. And scary. But cool. And a little bit of extra money here and there is never a bad thing. So, cool. And it's close enough that I can walk - once Mother Nature gets over her little attitude problem that she seems to be having.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On a funny note - and just because it's one of those moments that I don't ever want to forget - this is what Daniel can do with his hair when he runs around so much that he's super hot and sweaty. Something tells me that it's time for a haircut. Needless to say, he got a bath as soon as we got home tonight.

"Mommy, look! I gave myself a mohawk!!!"

2 comments:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.