buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pre-holiday festivities and other stuff

It's been a crazy couple of days.

I managed to get all of my orders done today - finally. And even got them delivered too, which is a bonus.

Corn bag to put in the microwave or freezer to use for pain relief -
with a removable cover.

Stockings, stockings, everywhere!
After the snow that we got the other day, we ended up with our usual icicle in its usual place outside the kitchen window. The boys were absolutely mesmerized by it.



This is what's left of our snow.

Ring around the moon.....
Gingerbread houses.....or, as Daniel likes to call them for some strange reason, "gingerhead houses". That kid.....

We started them last night. Or rather, I started the baking process last night. But we didn't assemble and decorate until tonight. We always have fun doing this, but holy wow what a mess - and then they never get eaten because none of us really like gingerbread all that much. Go figure.

Fighting with the mold, as I do every. single. year.

Not pretty, but they work. Sort of.

Cheap boxes of macaroni and cheese.
Easy, inexpensive meal or reinforcement for home building?
You decide.

Starting the mess.

The expressions.....

Ay yi yi......and yeah, the floor looks about the same.

Finished products. Girls' on the left, boys' on the right.
And these last two pictures - these are for everyone who tells me how they love how I'm able to keep it together and get everything done. These pictures are totally my reality right now. This is my "room" and the aftermath of the sewing projects - my bed gets used as table space while I'm working on stuff, and then when I go to bed everything just gets chucked on the floor. 

So yeah. This will be my main focus for the next hour or so. I can't take it anymore. 

Why is there a cookbook on my bedroom floor???

Ugh. Just......ugh.

8 comments:

  1. I love that your bedroom looks like that...I won't let people in y house bcause it's not perfect. I so need to chill out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that my "bedroom" is the first thing you see when you walk into this house - so I try to keep it clean, but obviously that doesn't always work. I can't wait to move out of this place and get a house where I can actually have a dedicated sewing area.

      Delete
  2. I so wish that I had your talent for sewing. I would probably end up sewing my hand to whatever I was trying to work on. :P

    I miss & love you lady. We're due for a catch up phone conversation soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me, I have learned the hard way that it is possible to sew THROUGH the tip of your thumb with a sewing machine. And it hurts. And it causes nasty colorful language too.

      And yes, we are way overdue....

      Delete
  3. Our bedroom is where everything goes when nobody knows wht to do with it. So our room looks same. But more laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Don't even get me started on the laundry. It's almost 3am and I just threw another load in the washer.

      Delete
  4. Where did you get your gingerbread mold????? I ABSOLUTELY love making gingerbread houses, I usually get those kits and then make my own icing and go to town!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got that mold from a Longaberger basket party in 1995 - I went to the party and bought that because it was the cheapest thing that they had and I would have felt guilty if I didn't buy something. LOL I don't even know if they still make them, but I bet if you searched around online you could find one or something similar.

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.