buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

She is going to kill me.....

So my computer has been running really really slow lately. And I finally figured that it probably has something to do with the fact that there is virtually no space left on it.

This was after I started removing stuff - it was so bad that the
status bar was actually red.

Anyway, we all know that I like to take pictures. And I have this really bad habit of just dumping all of the pictures off of the camera and onto the computer and not doing anything with them. I don't delete the blurry ones or anything. I just dump and go.

I started going through the pictures tonight, which started in August 2008. I found so many duplicates - I would dump pictures one day, say 50 of them. Then the next day, when I dumped again, those same 50 would dump, along with another 50 or so. That didn't happen all of the time, but it happened quite often. So I started deleting - which meant going through folder by folder and looking at pictures. It really didn't take as long as I thought that it would to go through the 5 months of 2008 - but I still ended up with just over 4GB of pictures just for those 5 months. I have 4 more YEARS after that.

Anyway, when going through old pictures like that, there are sure to be a lot of uncovered gems.

Exhibit A: (Yes, I know the size is wonky. Blogger hates me tonight.)


10 comments:

  1. *giggle* This is awesome! This is something you pull out on her first date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have several of my youngest granddaughter rocking out and head-banging to some good classic rock. She loves it and I love filming her do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun! My kids love the old hair bands - gee, not sure where they get that from! LOL

      Delete
  3. I know the feeling. Even after I delete the blurry pics or unnecessary pics... I still had TOO MANY pics.
    So, I went out and bought an external harddrive with 1 Terabyte of space. It was about $100.... and wasn't in my budget... but, I love my pics... and to print all of them... would be over $100... so I figured it would even out... eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I picked up a couple of flash drives last night that were on sale, and a friend of mine has a drive that he might send to me - it's going to be a process, but at least it will be done. Then I just have to make sure that I don't lose the drives!

      Delete
  4. WE HAD A GOOD LAUGH. LOUD MUSIC,TWO SLEEPING THROUGH IT ALL AND BIG SISTER ROCKING OUT. OH FOR THE GOOD OLD DAYS. THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? How they slept through it is beyond me...

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.