buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Conferences and accomplishments

So my day started out with a small to-do list.

We all know that I'm the queen of making lists when I need to get motivated, and today was no exception. I've been slacking around the house, so I busted out the list early this morning.

I knew that realistically, I wouldn't get it all done.
But at the end of the day, I can't really complain about how much I *did* get done.

And if you look really closely, you'll see a couple of things that got added to the list - and subsequently crossed off - throughout the day.













I got to spend some quality time outside by myself today, with the lawnmower - which in my opinion is always a good thing. I love to mow the grass. I got it done for what should be the final time this year. It was just an absolutely gorgeous day out, and I enjoyed it for every second that I was out there.




My yard

...and Nice Neighbor's - both done.

Probably the best part of the day was going to the older 3 kids' parent/teacher conferences. They are all doing so well in school and their teachers had nothing but fabulous things to say about them. Out of the 3 report cards, there was one "B" - and the rest of the grades? Every single last one of them was an "A".

Sarah was at basketball practice while we went to the conferences.


It was crazy sock day for Emily.
....and pajama day for Jared.

One of Emily's projects

...and one of Jared's.
And really.....who can complain about a day that ends up with angels like this?



And finally.....as requested.....a picture of me wearing make-up. I tried to make myself look human before the conferences, but I suck at taking self-portraits, so this is the best that I could do. Blah.





6 comments:

  1. Well, that was a busy day! Poor lil munchkins look all tuckered out! ;)

    Oh, and you are GORGEOUS! In case you don't hear that enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I try to wear them out on a daily basis! LOL

      And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. You look great! Glad to hear your kids are doing so well in school. Wish me luck, I have 3 conferences today. (at 3 different schools)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! How did yours go? I am so slow at responding to comments sometimes.....

      Delete
  3. ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE MIDWEST. ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLD. YOU MUST MAKE A SCRAPBOOK OF ALL THE SLEEPING PICTURES OF DANIEL. YOU REALLY MUST. SOME ARE SO FUNNY. YOU HAVE TO LOVE THOSE BOYS.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.