buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yep, I'm still begging.

You know I've been really pushing the walks that I've been doing lately to try to get donations. Well, I'm going to keep pushing until the second one is over, and that is coming up on Saturday.

But in case you didn't catch it on my facebook page, I've added a twist to try to encourage people to donate to such a worthwhile cause.

Do you remember a few months ago when The Dude wrote a guest post for me? Apparently you guys loved what he had to say, because that post took off like crazy and is still in the 9th highest all-time position for views out of the almost 450 posts that I've written.

People have indicated that they'd like to hear more from him. So this is my "twist" - if, by this Friday (5/4/12) at midnight (central time), I have a minimum of $250 in donations, The Dude will do a guest post. We're going away that night (just the two of us) so it might not happen until early in the week, but I promise you that he will write a post for everyone - but only if we raise the money.

Oh yeah, and I also agreed that if we got the $250, I'd do the walk wearing *cough* Dallas Cowboys *cough* attire. And yes, I will post pictures. So he and I would both get something out of it - I'd get a night off from writing, and he'd get to see me in those awful clothes.

So anyway, here's the info on the Great Strides Walk....

The Great Strides: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis walk is being held in Wichita and takes place on May 5. I have done this walk several times - I went to school with two sisters who lost their battle with this disease, and now my great-nephew Corban has it as well. Research has made massive strides to find a cure, but without fundraising, that research will not be able to continue. If you would like to make a donation to this one, please go to THIS PAGE to do so. Because CF is genetic, there is a very real chance that my kids could be carriers, and could pass the recessive gene on to the next generation - knowing that a cure has been found would ease my mind so much!

I understand that many people can not afford to make a financial donation. But, we all have the power to spread the word. Share this post on your facebook walls, email it to friends and family, post it on twitter - the more people who see it, the more chances we have to raise enough money to find a cure for this disease - and it could even happen soon enough so that Corban could lead a long and healthy life. So please, if you can't do anything else, just share this post!

Thank you so much!

4 comments:

  1. I got a real doozy in mind too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by by blog earlier. Always nice to cross paths online with someone I have something in common with. (Doesn't happen very often)

    Way to get out there and complete a half marathon! I know of runners who could do it but are intimidated, or have no desire, or don't think they can do that distance.

    P.S. Go Cowboys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, a Cowboys fan??? ;)

      As for the running, I figure it doesn't matter that I'm slow - I'm still lapping everyone on the couch!

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.