buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

KC road trip

So after getting about an hour's worth of sleep last night, my friend and I got up at about 1:30 this morning so that I could get her to the airport in Kansas City. We got on the road just before 2:30am (and after putting $78 in the gas tank) for the 3 hour drive. I got her to the airport at about 5:30 and turned around to come straight back home. The Dude stayed here so that he could take Alex to school this morning, and then when I got back into town I met him and Daniel at his house for a few minutes before we came back home and I crashed. Hard. I slept until about noon, and then we took Daniel to school, grabbed some food, hung out a bit more, and then I got the boys from school and came home to make supper for us and The Dude's family. It was a good day - but a very very long one, and I am beat.

Of course, it was pitch black when we left and when we got to the airport, so we only took the obligatory pictures while she and I were together...



The sun started coming up as I was driving back home, but luckily it was behind me so I wasn't being blinded - the first two I actually took in my side mirror, and the third one is (obviously) in my rearview mirror.




I did end up having to stop at a truck stop on the way back to stretch my legs and get some much-needed munchies - but I did manage to do the entire trip without caffeine! I'm always amazed at the things you can find at a truck stop though.



Some of the Kansas countryside is actually quite pretty....




Not bad for a quick trip - and I get to do it again on Thursday to pick her up from the airport, but at least that one will be in the daylight! But, we'll also have to deal with rush hour in KC - that could be interesting! (Yes, I know I need to clean the dust off of my dashboard.)


Love road trips!!!

1 comment:

  1. I HOPE SHE CHIPPED IN FOR THE GAS. YOUR A GOOD FRIEND TO DRIVE THAT FAR TO HELP A FRIEND. JOB WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.