buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Well, that wasn't on the agenda....

I knew that today was going to be crazy - I just knew it. But I really had no idea just how crazy it was going to be!

I had planned to take the kids to the local Kid Fest that was happening today, and so we were getting ready for that. While I was in the shower, I missed a phone call from a good friend of mine, Kelly. In case you don't remember, or you weren't following me then, you can see a road trip that Kelly and I took together last year here (and for several posts after that).

Anyway, I didn't listen to her voice mail until we were on the way out the door to go to Kid Fest, and she said something to the effect of "I'm getting married at 4:00 today and I would love it if you could come down for it!"

Wait....she's doing what when? Today? Like, in 6 hours? I called her back to get the details, thought about it for about 2.5 seconds, and assured her that I would be there, kids in tow.

So, we went to Kid Fest first...






Then we came home, grabbed a few things, used the bathroom, and took off - Kelly said "come as you are" so we did just that! We stopped and grabbed some Lunchables for the kids and a Snickers and water for me (see? no caffeine!) and headed south. It's about a 3 hour drive to get to her place, and the wedding was in a nearby park. The kids played for a bit before things got started.






Then there was the wedding. It was a simple ceremony, but very beautiful. Kelly made a gorgeous bride, and although this was the first time that I had met her husband, I could tell that they were a perfect match. The kids ran around and played during the ceremony, and then we all went out for Mexican food afterwards. We had a great time and it was so nice to see her so happy!



Then we drove home - another 3 hours. Unfortunately, the kids were too tired and I ended up having to take the van from 75 to 0 along the side of the highway to make them understand that I was NOT going to tolerate the behavior coming from behind me - I was not impressed. But we made the rest of the drive in relative peace and enjoyed the gorgeous scenery.




We got home at about 9:30 and everyone (except me) went straight to bed. Now, I get to do all of the laundry tonight that I didn't do today - but it was worth it!

1 comment:

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.