buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There are days...

...that start out good enough, with the kids playing quietly and actually enjoying each others' company.

...that the arguing doesn't start until after lunch.

...that the arguing escalates to fist fights that won't stop.

...that I get absolutely nothing done because I'm too busy playing referee.

...when I really hate being a single parent.

...when I finally just tell the next kid who runs to me "if you're here to whine, complain, or tattle, I don't want to hear it".

...when kids get banished to their bedrooms for extended periods of time in a desperate attempt to regain peace.

...when all I want to do is find someone to watch the kids for 2 hours so that I can go out and run to clear my head.

...when I feel so overwhelmed that I just want to hide in the bathroom and cry, but I can't because someone else always needs to use it.

And then finally, at the end of the night, after the kids are in bed and the house is quiet and I have 5 minutes to myself...I realize that no matter how horrible the day has been, we made it through it and we survived. Today might not be the best memory of their childhood, but luckily days like these don't come around very often. I like to think that the good days outnumber the bad ones, although I will freely admit that sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

And good or bad, we'll get through all of them one way or another.

3 comments:

  1. As the TV show said"

    This is it; this is it.
    This is life, the one you get,
    so go and have a ball!
    This is it; this is it,
    straight ahead, and rest assured,
    you can't be sure at all.
    So, while you're here, enjoy the view;
    keep on doing what you do.
    Hold on tight; we'll muddle through,
    one day at a time, one day at a time!
    So, up on your feet; up on your feet;
    somewhere there's music playing.
    Don't you worry none,
    just take it like it comes,
    one day at a time, one day at a time,
    one day at a time, one day at a time,

    ReplyDelete
  2. **NODS**

    We've all had those days.
    You're outlook is good.

    Yesterday was much the same for us.

    **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone put something in the water? That was my day yesterday too. I got my 5 minutes of peace somewhere after midnight... but the day was over and left behind. I'm not a single mother but I feel your hurt.. marrying a trucker leaves me alone far too often and when he is home, he's usually so exhausted that he's not really help.
    We can't let the bad days drag us down. You are strong and amazing! I'm glad you can see the sunshine in your life as well. Keep going forward and give yourself a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.