buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More yardwork

Today was another crazy day.

Ran kids back and forth to school.
Walked/jogged/ran a little over 5 miles (without a faceplant this time).
Did some cleaning and laundry (surprise!).

But the big project of the day was tackling our picnic area beside the house. It got inundated with leaves over the winter.



I went and picked up The Dude's mother and brought her over to my house for the afternoon so that we could hang out together for a while - something that we don't get to do very often. We raked up all most of the leaves and got them bagged to get rid of them. I didn't get the area perfectly clean - that's a losing battle - but I got the worst of it done.



We ran the bags of leaves out to the landfill and got rid of them and then picked the boys up from school before I took her back home. Then it was time to come back and deal with the usual Wednesday night chaos. Supper, baths, older 3 off to church with their father, homework, bed, dishes, etc....and then I found myself making enchiladas at 9:30pm for tomorrow's supper since I have parent/teacher conferences tomorrow afternoon for the older 3 kids.

But the good thing is that while I was getting the kitchen cleaned up, I got the kids' lunches packed for tomorrow, so the morning should go a little bit smoother than it usually does. All I have to do is toss the food into their lunch boxes and they're done.

I still have a million things to do - seems like no matter what I do, I never get caught up with anything. Next week is Spring Break for the kids, so no school all week - it'll be nice to not have to do so much running around, but it's also going to be hectic in its own special way. Ex1 and I are switching some days around so that he can take the older 3 kids camping later in the week, so our whole schedule is going to be "off" - but we'll make the most of it. The girls are still looking forward to doing the 5K on Saturday, and I'm still hoping that The Dude and I can figure out a plan for the boys so that I can do it too.

Never a dull moment....no matter how hard I try.

4 comments:

  1. your productivity amazes me, it really does!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! Just doing what needs to be done...and I'm not always this productive! I'm quite sure that I will crash and burn sometime soon and then I'll recuperate for a few days...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are getting there!
    Break will be nice for you. We are on break
    this week.

    Have fun.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yard will never look wonderful - but I try to keep it as nice as I can. The landlord had mentioned possibly planting some grass seed, but I'll believe that when I see it! ;)

      Spring Break is just crazy to me - we never had one when I was growing up, so it's still hard for me to get used to it. But, it is what it is. I'm just looking forward to relaxing, and it looks like the weather might even cooperate for it!

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.