buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The next project

OK, I know that it's way too early for me to go into pre-vacation cleaning stress mode, but I am about fed up with my desk area.

Realistically, I know that it's nowhere near as bad as it has been in the past. And on the surface, although it's cluttered, it doesn't look that bad.

However, as I've been working on paperworky projects over the past few days, this desk has gone beyond irritating me. I mean seriously, it should not take as much effort as it did to open up the top filing cabinet drawer, pull out the file that should contain the information that I needed, record it on the forms, and replace the file. It should be easy.

But, it wasn't. It was a nightmare. I mean, I found everything that I need, but not without totally pissing myself off at the lack of organization. And the thing is, that it was all totally organized not all that long ago!

So, my project over the next few days.....is to go through EVERYTHING on/in my desk and on/in the filing cabinet. Truth be told, the filing cabinet scares the crap out of me. I just glanced in the drawers - the top is jammed full of papers. The second one has some patterns, wood putty(?), an antique camera, and various other junk. The third one is mostly empty except for some crap. I have no idea what's in the fourth one because the shredder is in front of it, and I'm feeling lazy.

So hopefully, in the next few days, everything will be nice and neat and organized and alphabetized (ha - not really) and I'll be able to find what I need when I need it. If I disappear, you'll know that I got lost. Or something fell on my head. Or I bled to death from a paper cut.

I figure that if I can't control everything that happens in my life, maybe I can control the mess that is my desk. It's worth a shot, right?

2 comments:

  1. Last weekend, I cleaned my desk, and found the WEIRDEST STUFF!

    And stuff I had lost.

    And stuff I wasn't sure where it had come from...

    DESKS ARE LIKE THE BLACKHOLES OF A MOTHERS WORLD>... you never know what's out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG you are so right....I haven't even finished the filing cabinet yet, and it looks like a bomb went off in here. The desk is going to be a nightmare..... =/

      Delete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.