buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A day in the life

Today was just another day of running around like an idiot...or, trying to while my back is still killing me.

I started off by getting all of the bills paid - always a good feeling to get that taken care of for the month. Then after I picked Daniel up from his first round of preschool we ran to the courthouse to renew the tags on the van. It took about 5 minutes and $117.50 to walk out of the courthouse with our nice new sticker, which Daniel enjoyed "helping" me to put on the tag. I despise this expense every year, but I suppose that it is one of those necessary evils if I expect to continue driving. Legally.

After I took him to his second round of preschool, I went to the grocery store to pick up a "few" things. Another $117 later and I was out the door, armed with groceries and for the first time in what seems like forever, pull-ups and wipes to prepare for "cleaning out" Alex this weekend. I am so not looking forward to this, but from what the doctor said and from the research that I've done, it should work and should help - if not eliminate - his toileting accidents.

It was an unusually warm and beautiful day for this time of the year. The temperature at one point hit 71 degrees, but I'm not sure what the "official" high was. All I know is that it was fabulous. When the kids got home from school, I sent them outside to play until I got supper ready. The day took a strange turn when a man showed up on my porch to basically accuse my kids of throwing stones over a fence down the street and hitting cars - I told him that I would address it and shooed them into the house, and then the girls told me that they had seen some skateboard-toting teenagers in the area at the same time. I'm a little perturbed about the accusation, but I haven't quite figured out what to do about it yet.

We got supper done, the older three kids went with their father to church, and I gave the younger two their baths and got them into bed. Then, when Ex1 brought the older three back, the skunk attacked. I'm not sure what happened, but the stench was so strong - even inside the house - that my eyes were watering. He was nice enough to look under my front porch before he left and he didn't see any critters, but it's hard to tell where the little creep was hiding. At this point, I'm just hoping that he hasn't decided to take up residence under my house. I suppose I'll go exploring under there tomorrow and see if there are any signs of it...*shudder*

I eventually got the kids all into bed...the dishwasher has been run, but not emptied (that can wait)...I have to flip another load or two of laundry...and then I think that I'm going to give up and go to bed myself. I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to get the kids off to school and then it will be another day of constant running and errands and cleaning and organizing and all of that other fun stuff that never seems to end.

Someday, I'll catch up on sleep. I'm thinking sometime around the year 2025, when the youngest one turns 18.

18 comments:

  1. I got my new car registation in the mail the other day,too.I laid it on the coffee table. Next day one of our cats (I KNOW WHO YOU ARE KIDDO1) pooped on it!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ick! I don't know how I didn't see this until just now! What are you going to do? Can you get a new one?

      Delete
  2. Ugh...our tags run us about $700 every year with our 2 vehicles. Such a fun expense. We just take cash out of each of J's paychecks all year long to put away for expenses like this and our HOA and Ethan's school fees. It's nice not having to scrape it up somehow when it rolls around.

    Good luck with your smelly visitor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stinky seems to have gone away....

      Tags are ridiculous around here. I'm lucky that this van is 11 years old or it would cost so much more!

      Delete
  3. Living in NY.. My registration is every other year to renew? (perhaps?)... And I don't think it's anymore than $150.
    Could be wrong. Can't remember the last time I did that... Time to look at the TAG!!!!

    hahahaha.

    Ewww... Stinky Critter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in NY for one year, and I don't remember how much anything cost, except that it was ridiculous. Here, in order to renew tags, we have to pay property tax on the vehicle as well. So theoretically it goes down each year as the value of the vehicle depreciates. It still sucks though.

      Delete
  4. AROUND 60 FOR THE BIG CAR. AROUND 50 FOR MY SPORTS CAR. NANNA NANNA NANAN.HE HE HE HE LOL LOL LOL

    HOPE THE PULL UP WORKS. ARE THEY BEING USED TO EMBARRASS HIM. I WOULD THINK IT SHOULD WORK. SOMETIME KIDS JUST DON'T WANT TO COME IN FROM PLAYTIME BECAUSE THEIR AFRAID THE KIDS WILL GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. CHILDREN BEING CHILDREN. RIGHT? LETS HOPE IT WORKS.I LAUGH BECAUSE AFTER YOUR CLOSET CANDY EXPERIENCE, HE MAY TAKE THEM OFF AND GO PANTLESS. GIGGLE, GIGGLE. KIDS, CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM. FOR ALEX, HE'S ADORABLE. IT WILL GET BETTER.

    GRANNY

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is going to be getting massive dosages of laxatives this weekend to get rid of a blockage that seems to be causing most of the issues - so the pullups are more for my sanity than anything else. I can't do that much laundry, and I fully expect him to have massive blowouts for a few days until he gets cleaned out.

      It's a step in the right direction at this point.

      Delete
  5. Geeze Granny... how rude! The kid has a real problem and you are making a joke of it without knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In her defense, I didn't go into the specifics about what was going on with him so she didn't know exactly what was going on from what I posted here. I do appreciate that you were willing to defend him though.

      Delete
  6. ANONYMOUS YOUR THE ONE THAT'S RUDE. I WOULD NEVER HURT OR SAY ANYTHING TO HURT AMY'S FEELINGS OR HER BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. IT'S ONE REASON I ENJOY READING HER BLOG. JUST FUN.. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME SO THINK BEFORE YOU MAKE RUDE COMMENTS. I JUST LEARNED HE HAS A BOWEL PROBLEM SO CHILL. WHAT? DON'T YOU HAVE A NAME? IF HE WAS POOPING HIS PANTS ON PURPOSE THAN MAYBE PUTTING PULLUP WOULD MAKE HIM QUIT BUT NOW THAT AMY KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THE MEDICINE SHOULD HELP. AMY KNOWS ME WELL ENOUGH I'M NOT A RUDE PERSON BUT WHEN YOUR ON A BLOG YOU REALLY LEARN FAST WHO REALLY IS THE RUDE ONES.ALEX IS A SWEET LITTLE BOY AND I WOULD NEVER SAY OR HURT A CHILD.PERIOD.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learn the facts before you speak. Then you will not say anaything unkind in the future Granny I love how you always go on the counter attack instead of ever admitting you did something that might have been wrong. Sorta funny really.
    Amy I just didn't feel it was kind to assume the reason before knowing the facts. So I was happy to defend him. You provided enough information that most would know this was not a treatment for a child who was just doing it on purpose. A laxative is never used to punish or shame a child.
    Good luck this weekend Amy
    .I am a new reader enjoying your blog.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMY, SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE A TROUBLE MAKER HERE. SORRY MAYBE A TROLL. SHE CALLS ME RUDE AND I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO SAY ANYTHING. I DON'T THINK SO. WHAT SHE [IF HER NAME REALLY IS MOLLY WHICH I DON'T THINK SO].NEEDS TO LEARN THAT THIS BLOG OF YOURS IS NOT A COMBAT ZONE.IT'S A FAMILY BLOG WITH GOOD CHEER AND ALOT OF LAUGHS AND KIDDING AROUND.YOU KNOW I WAS KIDDING AROUND AND SO SORRY THIS MOLLY DOESN'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.WE'VE BEEN FRIEND FOR SO LONG AND I'M SURE YOU KNOW ME BY NOW. SHE SOUNDS LIKE AN EX FRIEND THAT ALWAY HAD TO BE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING.ONE OF THOSE KNOW IT ALL.WHEN I COMMENTED ABOVE, I THOUGHT HE WAS POOPING BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO GO. AS FOR A LAXATIVE I WOULD NEVER GIVE A CHILD A LAXATIVE FOR PUNISHMENT NOR WOULD AMY BUT SHE WOULD GET MAD IF ONE OF HER KIDS POOP IN HIS PANTS ON PURPOSE. NOW THAT WE ALL KNOW ALEX AS A PROBLEM AMY AND HER DOCTOR WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. YOUR FORGIVEN MOLLY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't go there Granny. I did not ask for your forgiveness nor would I have any reason to. You are always so combative if someone calls you out on something but that is your problem not mine
    Amy I wish you the best with your son and I hope this all works out well for you all.
    I figured this would be a fun place to be but Im gone as of now so Granny stops throwing her childish tantrums.
    Yes, I am Molly. You wanted a name you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look, I am at WalHell and can't get to a computer right now. Just stop. Like I tell my kids, if you don't participate in a disagreement, it can't continue. Agree to disagree, whatever. But crap, let me get home before things get worse. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, listen. I don't like the name-calling, I don't like the insults, I just don't. like. drama. period.

    So please, just stop. If you don't agree with each other, fine. No one is going to agree with everyone all of the time. Hell, I don't even agree with myself half the time. I don't care if the people who read this agree with me, agree with each other, or disagree with everyone involved - I don't know either one of you, but every person here is important to me. Every person is entitled to his/her own opinion, when it is expressed respectfully.

    Insults and name-calling are just not cool. So just stop doing it. I have an email address listed on my facebook page - if you have an issue with something else, feel free to use that.

    Can't we all just get along.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AGREE WITH YOU AMY. THANK YOU SWEETIE.

    NOW ON TO IMPORTANT THINGS. DID THE DUDE GET EVERYTHING PUT BACK TOGETHER. I LOVE IT WHRN A GIRL CAN WORK ON A CAR. GRAMPS TAUGHT OUR WHEN THEY WERE TEENS. IN FACT WE BOUGHT THEM A TOOL BOX FROM SEARS. I WISH I HAD A PICTURE OF HIM AND THE OLDEST UNDER THE CAR CHANGING THE OIL. HECK I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO IT. BUT IT WAS FUN WATCHING THEM. THEIR NEVER TO YOUNG TO HAVE THE TOOLS. GOOD CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. LOL
    HAVE A GOOD DAY AMY YOU KNOW WE LOVE YOU HERE.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think, in fact, It's obvious that EVERYONE loves Amy. I am one of those "Peekers" who enjoy your blog so much, and read it almost every day. For personal reasons I remain anonymous...has nothing to do with you Amy...you are admired. One of my most favorite sayings is to "Agree to Disagree". If only people would observe that, there would be much less argumentive posts. We are all individuals, and yes, particularly on this "social Network" that has become a large part of our world, it is easy to offend and be offended. TG that most of us don't judge others, and that most of us try to be as good as we can, whether in person or in posts. I'm sorry that your wonderful blog had to have nasty posts.

    Amy, just keep up the blog the wonderful way you do...you give me a reason to "believe".

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.