buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tigger's Chin

This is Tigger's chin.

And this little piece of plastic is going to be the death of me. It is going to be the final straw that makes me lose what little bit is left of my tattered mind.

And what exactly is it? Besides Tigger's chin......?

It's a puzzle piece. We have had this plastic, sort-of 3D puzzle of Tigger ever since the girls were little, along with several other puzzles. The other ones are the typical cardboard ones that have maybe 4-6 pieces, and there's a wooden one that used to be mine. I took all of the puzzles away from the kids a while back because the pieces were just constantly getting thrown all over the place and I was tired of dealing with them. I know, bad mommy. Whatever.

The Tigger puzzle has been missing his chin (obviously). So I stashed the puzzle somewhere until the chin appeared. I have occasionally seen the puzzle - somewhere in the house. I even saw it a few days ago.

Now that the chin has magically reappeared, do you think I can find the puzzle?

Nope.

I have looked in all of the obvious places. I've looked with the other puzzles - it's not there. I've looked with the other toys that are packed away - not there. I've looked in the furnace room, where I've stashed some other stuff - not there. Seriously, I've looked in all of the normal places - and I can't find the rest of Tigger.

I know what's going to happen. I'm going to put the chin somewhere 'safe' - and it's going to disappear - and then I'll find the puzzle. And then I'll put the puzzle somewhere 'safe' - and it's going to go on and on and on and on.....

And how do I know that's going to happen? Because this isn't the first time that either the chin or the remainder of the puzzle has appeared.

So, in an effort to end this horrendously vicious cycle, the chin is now taped to the inside of the door on the upper left-hand side of my disk, right by the Tooth Fairy pillow, which also tends to disappear occasionally.

Maybe, just maybe, I can connect the puzzle and the chin. Someday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


In other news, I went to Emily's school this morning for the Honor Roll Breakfast.

Just in case my editing job sucks as bad as I think it does, that says that she has a 4.0 average...


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


And how is it that I remember to do some of the things that I need to do? Easy. I have a number of pens stashed on the visor of the van. And when I remember something, and get to a place where I can stop (for instance, while at Sonic getting a drink today), I write myself notes.

Where I can't lose them.

5 comments:

  1. IT LATE BUT I JUST HAD TO CHECK IN ON YOU AND MARE ONE MORE TIME. NOW I CAN GO TO BED LAUGHUNG ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE HOUSE. YOUR JUST WAY TO FUNNY AND I LOVE IT. GOOD NIGHT AMY. MAY YOU GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellie and Granny! Glad I could make you both giggle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! I laughed out loud (literally, my boss looked at me funny) at the electrical taped chin.

    SO FUNNY!

    I write notes on my arms... I find if I put them on my hands... they wash off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny! Our "Tigger's Chin" is a magnetic piece for one of those magnetic scene boards. Whenever it next appears, perhaps I'll copy your strategy and tape it somewhere very visible!

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.