buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Plum pickin'

I took my 2 1/2 hours of kid-free time today and went back out to pick more sand plums. I couldn't believe how many there were when I got there! I mean, I knew we left a bunch that weren't ripe, but I swear they've multiplied - not that I'm complaining or anything, but wow! I only took one bucket with me, which would not be anywhere near big enough for all of them, but considering the extreme heat, I couldn't have done much more by myself. I mean, I love hot weather, but wow. It was hot. 108 degrees' worth of hot, to be exact.



Did I mention that it was hot out?


What I was able to get on my own...


When I finally called it quits, I wandered around a bit and took a few more pictures....





After I got the boys from school and came home, it was time to start on Mission: Training Wheels. Luckily, I got that little predicament fixed.


Then supper, baths, homework, general kid-wrangling, etc. I finally got a shower and got the sweat and filth and gross washed off of me around 9:00 and I. am. exhausted.

And now, I believe it's time for bed.

3 comments:

  1. What a great day!

    Those plums look amazing!

    And, now, you can write pseudo-mechanic on your resume... I mean a training wheel is a bike part... and someone who fixes bikes (well motorcycles) a mechanic.

    So there ya go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love...love...love plums! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY THOSE PLUMS LOOK GOOD AND YOUR FINISHED PRODUCTS LOOK GOOD IN THE JARS ALSO. YUMMY.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.