buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Cleaning...and VBS....and Suitcases

Today's project was the laundry room. It's hard to get pictures in there because it's a really skinny room so you really can't see the extent of the crap in there. It's not just the laundry room - it is also my closet for my hanging clothes, storage for lots of junk, and my chest freezer is in there.

Before...


After...yes, there's still laundry to be done.


Alex didn't get to participate in VBS tonight, due to multiple toileting "accidents" today. He got to sit with me in the snack room all night and watch all of his friends come and go while he was stuck there doing nothing. I did let him go to listen to a story for a little bit, but until he straightens up, he's going to be losing a lot more privileges.

Daniel with his "ice cream" that he made at VBS.


I was also on a quest for a suitcase or two to use for TMOART:2011. I really only had a small one and a bunch of duffel bags, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that they weren't going to be practical. I was going to borrow one from a friend, and then I saw a posting on Freecycle last night and answered the posting - I am now the proud owner of 2 suitcases!



Tomorrow's agenda: Up early, back to the church to prep snacks for tomorrow night's VBS, home to tidy up and clean and do laundry and start packing, back to church for the start of VBS, down the street to a Policy Council meeting, back to church to finish VBS, home to clean and pack some more, and then maybe sleep....

12 comments:

  1. You should really find a hobby to fill all of that down time. I got tired just reading this. LOL
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I know, right?

    Friday night - firepit, adult beverages, and relaxation. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Amy...why don't you find something to do! LOL
    I'm tired reading your "list"...love the new suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mare, driving for 12 hours on Thursday is going to be a cakewalk after all the prep work I've been doing!

    I think we're going to find state stickers to put on the suitcases as we travel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to be really clever and say something like 'What do you do with all of your spare time?'...and now have seen many have beat me to the punch!

    Love the state sticker idea on the suitcases. The laundry room looks great, you are very inventive with the space that you have.Clever girl!

    Can't wait to hear of you SITTING and having a nice drink by a lovely fire and doing NOTHING!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, trust me, there will be much relaxation this weekend! I am so ready!

    I have officially started packing. All of Jared's stuff is in a suitcase, and Daniel's is next. I'm so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...like Beth, I was going to have a creative idea and suggest you add to the stickers on your suitcases! Just goes to prove there is nothing new under the sun, hmmm??
    When do you pull out...I KNOW..that date SHOULD be on my calendar right?? LOL...not envying the drive, BUT envying the wonderful memories you are making for your family...you ARE a great mommy!
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mare, we are leaving at 3:00am on Thursday - so just over a day and a half. I have all of the boys' stuff packed now, and I'm working on mine. I even got smart and now I'm using my tiny suitcase as an overnight bag for Thursday night - we're spending that night with a friend on the way, so I'm putting one set of pjs and one set of clothes for each of us in there so that we only have to drag one bag into his house. Every now and then I get a good idea! ;)

    My plan is to have everything packed today, with the exception of the girls' stuff - I will NOT pick out their clothes. So their stuff will be packed tomorrow and the van will be loaded tomorrow too. Then after VBS tomorrow night we can come home and I am going to SLEEP. I don't care if the kids stay up all night watching TV - I am sleeping! LOL

    I can't believe how close it's getting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! You are one busy lady! Have fun traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! It's definitely going to be an interesting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a thought for you... I travel A LOT and I have found that if I put small things in baggies in the suitcase it makes it really easy to find them. Example, undies, bras, toilitries, toys...really anything that is small and in it's own catagory gets a different baggie.
    Have fun!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. BETH, THAT SUCH A GREAT IDEA FOR TRAVELING. I ALSO DID THE SAME THING. GRAMPS AND I LIVED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY SO TRAVELING HOME TO VISIT PARENTS ALL THE TIME YOU GET ORGANIZED FAST.AFTER GETTING TO KNOW AMY ON HER BLOG AND MARES, I WOULD BET 100 DOLLARS SHE HAS EVERYTHING ORGANIZED RIGHT DOWN TO THE PEANTBUTTER SANDWICHES. RIGHT AMY? JUST HAVE FUN AND WEAR CLEAN UNDERWARE. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT MY MOM ALWAY TOLD ME.LOL

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.