buttons

Want to follow my blog?
Pick a way to do it!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Trying to get out of the slump

Ugh. That's about all I can say right about now. I have been in such a slump the past week or so. Starting off last week with the flu certainly didn't help, but the weather has turned bitter cold again (yes, 30's are considered bitter cold after being in the 80's already) and I haven't been able to get out and walk/jog like I had been. Instead, I have been sitting around eating myself stupid again.

But now, the kids are back in school, including my 5 year old who has been out for a month (I can hear angels singing "Hallelujah" right now...or is that me?) so maybe I can get back on track. The boys have playschool in the morning, and even though it is supposed to be cold and rainy and just generally downright disgusting out, I am going to do my best to go for my walk/jog and get back into it again. I have barely over a month to get ready for this half-marathon, and at the current rate, I'm going to be dragging my fat rear end over the finish line in 18 hours instead of my goal of 3.5.

That's something else that I've been thinking about - there's no way to get ready for a race like this when I can only get out kid-free twice a week. So I think that I'm going to try to continue doing the walk/jog on those 2 days to work on some speed, and then plot out a 10ish mile route that I can do on the other afternoons when I only have my youngest with me. I can't go for speed when I'm pushing the stroller, but it should at least help with the stamina factor. Sounds good in my head - we'll see if it actually works.

Then the She-Beast had an attitude problem again this morning and greeted me with a dead battery. I am getting so sick and tired of this kind of crap. So this afternoon I actually went to one of the local dealerships to inquire about a mini-van that they had listed on their website (of course it had already been sold) and I talked to their finance guy. Luckily, it isn't going to be too hard to get me into something newer - but it is going to take me a month or two to get the down payment money together. He is willing to work with me so that definitely helps. Now, everyone just hope and pray and send happy thoughts that the She-Beast will continue limping along for another couple of months, please?

But anyway, I need to get away from the computer for a while, straighten up the living room, take out the trash (I hate trash night), and maybe try to get to bed at a reasonable hour. I have to be up early to get the boys dressed and fed and to playschool so that I can do my walk if I'm going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have only two rules - don't reveal anyone's personal information, and be respectful. It's not difficult, honest. Now, go on and play.